Monday, May 23, 2011

CENTER OF ATTENTION: Oyin Honey/Hemp Conditioner


picture taken from oyinhandmade.com

I recently purchased the 4-piece hair care sampler from Oyin.  The sampler pack contains 2 ounce containers of their Honey/Hemp Conditioner, Whipped Pudding, Shine & Define and Greg Juice.  Today I am going to talk about the Honey/Hemp Conditioner.  My review after the break...


INGREDIENTS:
Purified water, organic aloe vera gel, behentrimonium, methosulfate (a vegetable emulsifier derived from colza oil), raw honey; unrefined hemp oil, coconut oil; vegetable glycerine; citrus essences; fragrance; optiphen (preservative); hydrolized silk extract

WHAT IT IS:
This is a conditioner that contains humectants, oils and silk extract for hair that is well nourished and full of moisture. 

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT IT:
I have been wanting to find a natural product using honey and silk protein ever since I first went natural.  I have had honey disasters when I tried making my own concoction at home.  When I saw this product was included in the 4-piece hair care sampler, I was excited to try it. 

Once again, this is a 2 ounce bottle of conditioner.  I was surprised at how many uses I got from this bottle as I am very heavy handed when it comes to conditioner.  First of all the smell; I cannot really describe it.  I smell the honey.  I smell the hemp.  There is also a hint of something else I cannot put my finger on.  Maybe sherbet ice cream...you know the Push-Ups from when we were all kids.  There is a hint of that too in my opinion.  Whatever the smell is, it is wonderful and did not bother me at all in the shower or during the day. 

I used the Honey/Hemp Conditioner in the shower after using the Head-to-Toe Honey Wash (see my review of that product just under this review).  I added copious amounts of the conditioner to my soaking wet hair and continued on with the rest of my shower.  Detangling was a breeze and I loved the way that my hair felt.  My curl pattern was being defined as well.  It rinsed out easily too. 

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE ABOUT IT:
With this product, there was nothing to complain about.  I love everything about it; from the smell to what it did for my hair. 

WOULD I PURCHASE AGAIN:
YES!!!!  As a woman who is always on the lookout for the next great conditioner, I will be adding this one to my stash. 

This product was purchased with my own money for my own personal usage.  I am not affiliated with this company. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You will be able to see your post after it is approved.