Wednesday, January 26, 2011

CENTER OF ATTENTION: Carol's Daughter Tui Shampoo and Smoothie Set Part 2

CENTER OF ATTENTION:  Tui Shampoo and Smoothie Set



PART TWO

Today I am going to focus on the second item in this set; the Tui Smoothie


Here is what it is supposed to do...taken from the Carol's Daughter website:

Deep Conditioner. Ideal for Dry, Damaged Hair.

We love this because it:






  • Detangles, moisturizes and protects your hair  














  • Tames and detangles














  • Is rich in fatty acids and creamy butters for intense conditioning














  • Has Nutrient-rich oils of Olive fruit and and Sunflower Seeds to boost shine.














  • Has Shea and Cocoa Butters to provide moisture and help protect hair from dryness and  brittleness.














  • Has Rapa Seed Oil, which is rich in essential fatty acids, Omega-6 and Omega-3














  • Has a fragrance cocktail of Guava, Mango and Passion Fruit PLUS, it has NO Parabens, Petroleum, Mineral Oil or artificial color










  • WHAT IT ACTUALLY DID:

    Once again, I have to rave about the smell!  Wonderful.  It also contained ingredients that I like for my hair including:  Glycerin, shea butter, olive oil...

    I looked at the jar when I got it and thought "this is not going to last more than a week."  I am heavy handed when it comes to conditioners and I was suprised that even with my heavy handedness I still had some left over after 2 weeks of use.  The very first time I applied it to my hair I could tell a difference.  My hair was softer and I was able to detangle with ease. I treated the smoothie as a deep conditioner and left it on for the duration of my shower.  After a few passes, the comb easily glided through my hair. 
    The problem started after I got out of the shower.  My hair looked like an old jheri curl...about a week or so before it needed to be touched up.  All of my curls were gone and I had stringy hair.   I used this product by itself and in conjunction with other Carol's Daughter finishing products. I did not get the results that I was looking for. Once again, I was getting comments asking what in the world was I doing to my hair. 
    I was really torn about sending this product back.  It did do what what it said it was going to do, detangle and soften hair, but it also made my hair look bad over all. 

    MY FINAL OPINION:
    I give this product 2 stars:  1 for smell and 1 for doing what it said it was going to do.  Overall, I dont think I will be purchasing this product again. 

    I am not affiliated with this company.  This product was purchased with my own money for my personal use.  The review given is my own opinion and not influenced by anyone else. 

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    You will be able to see your post after it is approved.