Tuesday, January 25, 2011

CENTER OF ATTENTION: Carol's Daughter Tui Shampoo and Smoothie set Part 1

CENTER OF ATTENTION:  Tui Shampoo and Smoothie Set



PART ONE

Today, I am going to focus on the Tui Herbal Shampoo



Here is what it is supposed to do, taken from the Carol's Daughter website...


Moisturizing Shampoo. Ideal for Dry, Damaged Hair.

We love this because it:




  • Gently cleanses hair without harsh, moisture-stripping detergents















  • Has rich conditioning properties to provide moisturizing nourishment















  • Has a scalp-soothing combination of Lavender, Rose, Calendula, Nettle and Red Clover















  • Is tropically fragranced PLUS, it has NO Parabens, Petroleum, Mineral Oil or artificial color










  • Positives first...the smell was just wonderful.  It is hard for me to describe, very exotic I would say.  I could not believe how good it smelled.  For those of your who are sensitive to smells, this smell died down quickly, but I would catch a wiff of it during the day.  I am somewhat sensitive to smells and it did not bother me at all.

    This shampoo has 2 major things going for it in addition to the smell:  First, it is SLS free.  SLS or Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, is an ingredient in many detergents, shampoos and personal care products, basically anything that "suds up."  Many feel SLS is harmful.  Secondly, this shampoo contains many ingredients that are known to be good for hair including:  Lavender, nettles, sage and rosemary. 

    WHAT IT ACTUALLY DID:

    I found this shampoo to have a quite refreshing scent.  The first time that I used it, I have to admit that it did not suds up for me.  Of note, SLS free shampoos may not give you the suds that a shampoo containing SLS would.  But, having said that, I did not really feel that my hair was as clean as it should be.  On my second use, I used slightly more shampoo and it lathered up quit nicely.  My hair felt clean and smelled wonderful.  Normally, I do not use shampoo very often, but I made an exception this time.  I used this shampoo 3 or more times weekly.   I cannot say that it was any better or worse than any other SLS shampoo that I have used, but my hair was not in any worse condition than it was when I started.  I attribute this to the gentle nature of the shampoo. 

    MY FINAL OPINION:

    I give this shampoo 4 stars...1 for smell, 2 for the natural component (being SLS free and the usage of so many good herbs for the hair), 1 because a little goes a long way (even though this is an 8 oz bottle).  I would buy this again, not as my be all end all shampoo, but something to use when I want something special. 

    Part two, Tui Smoothie, tomorrow

    I am not affiliated with this company.  These products were bought with my own money for my personal use.  The review given is my opinion alone and not influenced by anyone else.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    You will be able to see your post after it is approved.