Thursday, January 20, 2011

CENTER OF ATTENTION:

Wet n Wild Color Icon Palettes:

LUST 

PRIDE 

VANITY 

GREED

These are the among the first Wet n Wild Color Icon palettes that came out in 2010. 

These palettes contain 6 shadows, 3 matte and 3 pigmented.  Lust is the palette containing purples/pink/cream and smoky gray.  Pride is the palette containing greens/blues.  Vanity is the palette containing golds/copper/brown.  Greed is the palette containing blacks/salmon/lilac. 

I remember Wet n Wild as a brand from my high school years and was my first daliance with makeup.  Though I had moved on to other makeup brands, I still checked out the WnW display at my local drug store and bought their nail polish. 

Wet n Wild came back onto my radar in 2010 when talk of these Color Icon palettes started to hit the internet.  After seeing all of the wonderful youtube and blogger posts about these products, I broke down and decided to find 1 or 2.  Well, after seeing them in person, I ended up getting all 4 of them. 

My Impression:

I am very  impressed with all of these palettes.  The shadows are smooth and creamy in texture and very highly pigmented.  Believe me, a little color goes a long way.  They are easily blendable.  I am not a big fan of matte shadows in general, but these Wet n Wild mattes are just delightful to work with.  My favorite palette is Lust with Vanity a very close second.  The only palette that I had some trouble with was the Pride palette.  The sparkly white color top right side of the palette was chalky.  I dont know if maybe I got a fluke palette, but that is the only one I had some trouble with. 

To Buy Or Not To Buy:

BUY BUY BUY!!!!  Where else are you going to find palettes containing 6 great colors for such a low price ($4.99 each when I purchased mine) and made with such wonderful quality?  Like I said, if you havent gotten your hands on these...find them and BUY BUY BUY!!!! 

This was bought with my own money and this review is my opinion, and not influenced by anyone else. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you brought these up. I am amazed by the high quality and great colors. My fave palettes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am comletely blown away by the quality of these palettes too.

    ReplyDelete

You will be able to see your post after it is approved.