Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bare Escentuals: 100% Pure Moxie Kit

This kit was released by Bare Escentuals a few years ago.   This kit has since been discontinued, but you may be able to find it in part or whole on ebay.  I got it mostly for the brushes. 


Read my review and see the look I created after the break!


Here is what the kit contains:

(in order in the picture)
Tropical Radiance/Pure Radiance Face Colors Duo
Tinted Mineral Veil
Kudos Glimpse
Naughty, Naughty blush
Magnetize Glimmer
Bare Beach Lip Guard
Eye Buki Brush
Heavenly Blush Brush
Heavenly Face Brush

Here is the look I created: 

Eyes:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance lash to brow
MAC Lucky Jade shadestick lid
BE Magnetize lid
Be Kudos crease, outer V and up to brow
Liquid liner pen Brown upper lashline
Sephora liner (olive color IDK the name) lower lashline
BE Flawless Definition mascara



REVIEW:
I am going to be reviewing the eye colors in this kit. 

I found this kit to be hard to wear when I first got it.  The eye colors are very neutral and seemed to disappear into my skin.  Currently, I am wearing Bare Escentuals Golden Tan matte and Faux Tan matte mix.  I had to really find out what would make these colors stand out on my skintone.  After some help from the lovely ladies on a forum that I frequent, I found the answer I was looking for.  MAC Shadesticks.  Shadesticks enhance the color of eyeshadows.  They can be found in all different colors of the rainbow.  The one I used in this look, Lucky Jade, has a slight green tone that enhanced the BE Magnetized.  If you notice, I am wearing BE Kudos in the crease and you can barely see it.  If I was to use another MAC shadestick, Shimmersand is the one that I like to enhance BE Kudos, you could see it much better.

The brushes in this kit are really wonderful.  I especially love the Heavenly face brush.  It is a wonderful flat-top brush.  I think this kit is worth it for the brushes alone. 

OVERALL OPINION:
If you do get the chance to buy these color I would say to go for it.  I really like to use BE Kudos as a base color over top my shadesticks so that my shadows have something smooth to lay on and are more blendable.  I also like to use both of these colors to add sparkle to any neutral look (BE Kudos) or any green look (BE Magnetize) as they are semi-sheer and have shimmer/sparkle. 

This product was bought with my own money for my own personal usage.  The review given is my personal opinion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You will be able to see your post after it is approved.