Wednesday, February 9, 2011

CENTER OF ATTENTION: Yes To Tomatoes Shampoo Review

The next installment of my CENTER OF ATTENTION series is going to focus on the Yes To Tomatoes Shampoo. 



Yes To Tomatoes Daily Volumizing Shampoo

Aqua (Water), Sodium Coceth Sulfate, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomatoes) Extract*, Aspalathus Genus (Red Tea) Extract, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Extract*, Capsicum Annuum (Red Pepper) Extract*, Maris Limus (Silt) Extract, Maris Aqua (Dead Sea Water), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate Peel) Extract*, Parfum (Fragrance), Magnesium Chloride, Algea (Spirulina, Rhodella, Dunaliella), Spirulina Pacifica Extract*, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Gel*, Citric Acid, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Almond) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Benzyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Dehydroacetic Acid, Niacin*, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) *, Ginkgo Biloba*, Panthenol*.

Taken from the Yes To...website


WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO DO:
According to the Yes To Tomatoes website, this shampoo is supposed to volumize and thicken your hair.  It is purported to be 99.9% natural and is SLS free.  It contains ingredients that are known to be good for your hair and that I like for my hair including aloe vera gel, olive oil and jojoba oil.  Just the inclusion of "Dead Sea Minerals" makes is seem so exotic doesnt it? 

WHAT IT ACTUALLY DID:
I really liked the idea of this shampoo.  I thought that since the Yes To Tomatoes conditioner was so good to and for my hair that I would use this in conjunction with it for even more goodness.  Right???  To top it all off, this Yes To Tomatoes shampoo is SLS free. 

The smell of this shampoo is almost nonexhistant in my opinion.  I was not bothered by it (as I can be with some new fragrances) in the shower or during the day.  Didn't even think about it. 

I do understand that some SLS free shampoos will not lather like we are used to our shampoos lathering because they do not contain the ingredient...SLS...that makes the lather.  I did a pre-poo oil treatment and proceeded to get into the shower.  I figured if it could get the oils out of my hair that it must be a pretty good thing.  I lathered (and I do use the term lightly) my hair once.  I did not feel that my hair was clean, so I lathered up again.  The second time I got a pretty good lather and I could feel that my hair was clean.  I could also feel that it was squeaky clean.  I dont like for my hair to be squeaky clean.  IMO that means that the oils have been stripped from your hair.  I wanted the oil that I added to my hair to be cleaned...not my naturally occuring oils needed to keep my hair and scalp from getting dry. 

Even with my hair being "squeaky clean," I could deal with this shampoo.  Then the unthinkable happened...my 3c/4a/4b hair became "squeaky clean" and TANGLED!  Not what I was going for. 

MY OVERALL OPINION: 
I would give this shampoo 3 stars.  I do think that the list of ingredients is pretty good for a shampoo that can be found in your local drugstore.  I also like the fact that it is SLS free.  I did do what it was supposed to do, which is volumize and thicken my hair...unfortunately into a tangled mess.  What I did not like is the "squeaky clean" feeling or the tangles I then had to work out.  For the price, $2.99 at my local Ross Store, I do not feel that it was a waste.  I only shampoo my hair a handful of times each month, but I dont see me using this again.  It makes a great body wash though.

I have to say that I would buy the Carol's Daughter Herbal Shampoo again before I would even think to try this Yes To Tomatoes shampoo again.  CD didnt tangle my hair and I loved the smell. 

I would not buy this product again, but it is not stopping me from trying other products from the Yes To...brand. 

Yes To Tomatoes products can be bought online at Yes To...brand
You can also buy the Yes To...brand of products online and locally.  Yes To...find a store
I got my Yes To...brand of products from my local Ross store. 

This product was bought with my own money for my own personal useage.  The review given above is my own personal opinion and not influenced by any one else.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You will be able to see your post after it is approved.