Monday, February 7, 2011

CENTER OF ATTENTION: YES TO TOMATOES CONDITIONER

My CENTER OF ATTENTION series this week is going to focus on the Yes To...brand of shampoo and conditioners. 




Yes To Tomatoes Daily Volumizing Conditioner

Aqua (Water), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomatoes) Extract*, Cetyl Alcohol, Capsicum Annuum (Red Pepper) Extract*, Aspalathus Genus (Red Tea) Extract, Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Extract*, Maris Aqua (Dead Sea Water), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Magnesium Chloride, Chamomilla Recutita (Camomile) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Benzyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil*, Calendula Officinalis Oil*, Maris Limus (Silt) Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil*, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate Peel) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, Dehydroacetic Acid.

Taken from the Yes To..website

Since I have gone natural, I have been on the hunt for an affordable conditioner that leaves my hair clean, detangles it with ease and is good for my hair with good ingredients that I want on my hair.  I think that I have found that in the Yes To...brand of conditioners.  I have been using the Yes To Tomatoes conditioner for many months now.  Just recently I started using the Yes To Tomatoes shampoo (I shampoo a handful of times a month) and the Yes To Carrots conditioner. 

Today, I am going to focus on the Yes To Tomatoes conditioner

WHAT IT DOES: 
If you have fine, limp or thin hair that needs a little volume...yes, even natural ladies can have this problem...this conditioner is supposed to:




  •  add volume and texture to the hair







  • deep cleanse the scalp







  • add nourishment and hydration





WHAT IT ACTUALLY DID: 
Yes To Tomatoes conditioner is pale pink in color.  It has a very subtle smell.  Not like tomatoes in my opinion, but just a nice smell.  I am sometimes bothered by smells, and this had no effect on me in or out of the shower.  I could not smell it during the day either.  This conditioner is very thick and full of moisture.  I applied a heavy coat of it to my soaking wet hair, concentrating on the ends.  I continued with my shower and then went to my hair.  I detangled my hair, starting from the ends upward, with a large toothed comb.  After a few passes, the comb glided easily through my 3c/4a/4b hair.  I then rinsed my hair. 

I was completely suprised by this conditioner.  It did exactly what it said it would do.  When dry, my fine, thin hair definately has some volume infused into it.  I felt that my hair and scalp were deeply cleansed and the thing that most impressed me was that I was able to detangle my hair and run the comb through it with ease.  My hair feels soft and manageable.  No dryness or roughness to my hair at all. 

MY OVERALL OPINION:
I give this conditioner 5 stars (wonderful ingredients, affordablity, easy access, does what it is supposed to and most of all my hair loves and does much better when using this product).    This conditioner is wonderful!!!  I would recommend that anyone try it.  I think it will work on any hair type and especially natural hair.  I loved the ingredients in this conditioner and most of all I like the fact that it is readily availble and affordable.  I make special trips out of town to purchase this conditioner and always stock up when I find it.  Yes, I am that crazy lady with 12 bottles of conditioner in her cart!  :o)

Here is where Yes To Tomatoes and other products made by this company can be found:
*I found my Yes To...products at Ross. *

These products were purchased with my own money for my own personal use.  The review given is my personal opinion on this products and not influenced by anyone else.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You will be able to see your post after it is approved.