Monday, February 7, 2011

New uses for some old standbys...

I have recently discovered two new products for the skin: 


Milk of Magnesia


Monistat Chaffing Relief Powder Gel
WHAT!!?!?!?!?!  You might be saying...a constipation product and something from...shhh...Monistat????

Yes, those products. 

Now, we are talking about the original Milk of Magnesia, not the "flavored" kinds.  I am not suggesting that you use any of those.  I personally purchased the store brand original MoM and have had great results. 

MoM has been found to be a good skincare agent for some people with very oily, acne-prone skin.    I am one of these people.  It was suggested to me that I try MoM and have not looked back since.  Here are some of the pros and cons that I have found. 

PROS:
-Keeps oilies at bay.
-Helps clear acne.
-Only a very little amount goes a very long way. 

CONS: 
-Some people have stated that MoM has caused them to breakout and their skin to get very dry. 
-Using too much can cause a whitish haze to show through your makeup. 

I think that you have to truely have OILY skin.  This may only cause dryness and flakiness to people who have combination skin or normal skin.  If you have dry skin, I would not recommend this at all. 

I have used  MoM alone under my mineral foundation and in combination with the Monistat chaffing gel.  I have also used it under my liquid foundation.  I find for me, it works better under the liquid foundation and under my mineral foundation in conjunction with the Monistat chaffing gel. 

I apply to a clean face using a cotton ball or even my finger.  I make sure to apply only a small amount.  If too much is applied, it can show through the makeup giving the skin an white haze. 

If you dont want to use it under your founadtion for fear of a "white" face, then applying it like a mask, leaving it on a few minutes and rinsing, can work too. 

If you want to read some more information, here are some reviews from Makeup Alley


I discovered the wonders of Monistat Chaffing Gel when I was looking for a cheaper substitute to all of the face primers out there.  I really do love the Bare Escentuals primer, but at $21.00 for a 1 ounce bottle, I needed to find a cheaper alternative.  I did with the Monistat Chaffing Gel I got 1.5 ounces for $7.00 at the local CVS store.  

Both the Monistat Chaffing Gel and the Bare Escentuals Prime Time facial primer go on smooth and quickly dry to a satin-like finish.  Both adhere the makeup to the skin and both are made of the same ingredients.  I did find that the Monsitat Chaffing Gel is slightly more cloudy in appearence compared to the BE Prime Time face primer. 

If you want more info here are some reviews from Makeup alley

If you try either of these, let us know how you like it. 

These products were purchased with my own money for my own personal useage.  The review given above is my personal opinion and not influenced by anyone else. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

You will be able to see your post after it is approved.