Friday, February 18, 2011

Wet n Wild Color Icon Trio: I Got Good Jeans


This is the combo that I am wearing this morning.  It really looks pretty in the palette and scared me so much when I put it on.  But, if you know me, you know that I have an aversion to blues.  Swatch, look and review after the break! 
Swatch:
I was in a bit of a hurry, as I am most mornings, but I had planned out this look last night.  Here is what I did:

Face:
Alima Golden 7 foundation (More on this later, I promise)
MV
MAC Redhead MSF to highlight

Cheeks:
BE Pearl Diamond blush

Eyes:
BE Prime Time For Eyes lash to brow
WnW Gold color inner V and lid
WnW Dark Blue color outer V and crease
WnW Silvery Blue color to blend out crease color
...dont like, wipe off most of the intensity with microfiber towel...add more Dark Blue to the crease
BE Ink liner upper and lower lash lines
Lancome Voluminous mascara upper lash lines

Lips:
BE Praline 100% natural lipgloss


MY OVERALL THOUGHTS:
I think this palette is just gorgeous.  It have a frosty, silvery blue that is supposed to be for the brow, but I think it is to severe for my skintone.  The crease color is a gorgeous blackend blue with slight sparkle.  I found that the sparkle didnt show on the skin.  The lid color...WOW!!!  I really do like it.  It is a gorgeous gold color that is unlike any other that I have. 

After having said that, this palette scared me when I applied the crease color.  I have to admit that it got away from me.  I blended it up too high.  In an attempt to quiet down the color, I added the silvery blue to blend out the line.  IMO that just made it worse.  I ened up wiping off some of it with a microfiber towel.  That deminished the intensity and gave me more of the look that I was going.  I then added a little bit more of the crease color and viola...here it is.  I paired this up with Bare Escentuals Ink liner and Lancome mascara. 

So, after the inital scare and slight panic (like being on a plane plummeting to earth), this turned out just as I wanted it to and all for $1.99. 

I didnt have any fall out from these colors and they were a dream to blend.  I great way to try something out of your comfort zone for just a couple of bucks. 

I am not affiliated with this company.  This product was purchased with my own money for my own personal usage.

2 comments:

You will be able to see your post after it is approved.