Friday, March 25, 2011

CENTER OF ATTENTION: Garden of Wisdom Hydrosols

Today, I am turning my attention to Hydrosols.  What are hydrosols? 

The Garden of Wisdom website describes hydrosols as: 

 "A by product of Pure Essential Oils, hydrosols are steam-distilled from plants, are water based and deep hydrate while also lending the medicinal properties of the herbs they were distilled from. "

Hydrosols are an integral part of any Garden of Wisdom regimen.  Hydrosols help keep skin  hydrated.  Garden of Wisdom also uses them in many of their products to give a subtle scent instead of using fragrances or other chemicals.  You can find the benefits of each hydrosol here on their website.

I was first introduced to hydrosols in the Blemish Prone Skincare kit.  The hydrosol that was included was Basil/Fennel.  Now the kit contains Basil/Witch Hazel hydrosol.   I have not tried this combination, but both basil and witch hazel are anti-inflammatory and soothing to the skin.  Especially Basil if you have acne prone skin. 

I really like the Basil/Fennel mixture.  It has a very faint scent.  I found it, and hydrosols in general, to be very refreshing to the skin.  I felt no burning or irritation either.  Since my skin is so oily, hydrosols are a way to keep my skin moisturized without using a lotion or "moisturizer" in the way that we think of moisturizers. 

I have tried other hydrosols from Garden of Wisdom and also liked them.  One that I find especially good for my skin is the Immortelle hydrosol, but the smell is...I cant even describe it.  Immortelle has a very interesting smell and I have to hold my breath when I spray it on my face.  The smell fades when the hydrosol has dried.  I can deal with the smell because I get great results from this product. 

I have learned to make my own hydrosols, but I do still buy hydrosols from Garden of Wisdom.  I get the ones that I cant produce in my own home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You will be able to see your post after it is approved.