Thursday, March 31, 2011

Try DIY: More red wine vinegar toner recipes....

I have turned my bathroom into a skincare laboratory this past week!!!!

I decided to experiment with some red wine vinegar toner combos.  Here is my original post with more in depth measurements for making 1/2 ounce, 1 ounce and 2 ounce combos as well as the recipe for the original red wine vinegar toner. 

Recipes and my thoughts after the break...

Green Tea/Red Wine Vinegar Toner
In a 4 ounce spray bottle I combined 1 tsp red wine vinegar, green tea steeped in distilled water and a preservative.

Directions:
In a 4 ounce spray bottle add 1 tsp of red wine vinegar and a preservative.  I only used a preservative because it is going to take me a few weeks to use this up.  If you are making a smaller batch, to be used for only a few days to a week, you may not need to use a preservative. 

In a small cup add distilled water and heat for a few seconds in the microwave.  You want the water to be very warm bordering on hot, but NOT boiling.  Water that is too hot can destroy the good things you want to get from the green tea.  Let steep for an hour.  I used Salada brand green tea. 


Add the green tea to the spray bottle.  Do not fill it completely to the top.  You will still need room to add the sprayer.  Shake.  You are not ready to use! 

The smell of this toner is much more tolerable than the smell of the original RWV toner.  It smells like green tea with a little vinegar mixed in as opposed to the strong scent of a original RWV toner made with just distilled water. 

I have used this a few times and I really like the smell. 

The second batch of  RWV toner that I made had aloe vera juice in it. 

Aloe Vera Juice/Red Wine Vinegar Toner
In a 4 ounce sprayer bottle I combined aloe vera juice, red wine vinegar, distilled water and a preservative. 

Directions:
This is more like the original RWV toner, I just substituted one ounce of water for one ounce of aloe vera juice. 

I can tell a difference in the scent with this batch as well.  The scent of the aloe vera merges with the scent of the vinegar.  It is also a little more tolerable than the original RWV toner.  Next time I make this, I might use a little more aloe vera juice.

If you make this, let me know how you like it and if you see any results from it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You will be able to see your post after it is approved.